Wednesday, April 18, 2012

me... blogging?

So I'm usually not the one to make the decision to write by choice. I honestly would rather do a couple dozen math problems, but over the past few months I have had an itch to start my own blog. For a while I tried to push the thought of becoming a blogger away, but I feel that the Lord was telling me that I should let people know what I have going on in my life (especially with my past year being a complete roller coaster and with the eventful summer that I have coming up). He even tells us to share our story: "go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So here I am, pride shoved to the side. I guess if just one person gets something good from me typing out senseless thoughts, trials, and adventures that I'm going through then it will all be worth it.

I am still trying to figure out how I am going to keep this interesting while having to post more than 140 characters (for the non-tweeters: that's the limit you get for one post), and I guess there's always the possibility of it not sparking any interest... but again, this blog was not my idea.

I do know that I love pictures, and I have a feeling that they will be my saving grace most of the time for my posts. If you've seen my Facebook it is pretty apparent that I'm obsessed with pictures. I like the idea of capturing a moment in time that you won't ever be able to revisit except for the memory you have of that instant. I would like to say I am good at taking pictures, but honestly if you have a good camera and take enough pictures you're likely to have a good picture mixed in somewhere.

Ring Day
To catch you up on my life:

I am a Junior at Texas A&M University (whoop!) where I just got my Fightin' Texas Aggie Ring (double whoop!). I study Industrial Distribution, which I will go into more detail about later. I started out my fall semester being placed on Young Life Capernaum and I have never been more in love with...well, anything. I am single and content. For the first time in my life I am understanding what it looks like to have faith that God will take care of me and to trust that His plan is so much bigger than what I could ever imagine.

    
"This Sojourning Soul":

I went back and forth with a few different names for my blog. Luckily, I have a close friend who is an English major that threw out the word "sojourn" when talking about different choices.

so·journ

[n. soh-jurn; v. soh-jurn, soh-jurn] 
noun 1. a temporary stay:




I find this word to be so fitting when describing my life. 1) I am physically staying in one place for a limited amount of time between Christmas breaks, summer breaks, moving from the dorm to an apartment to a house all within a few years. 2) My life is constantly changing. My faith is constantly being tested and grown. Relationships are being introduced and excused. 3) My time here on Earth is less than temporary when looked at on a scale of oh... say, eternity. 
  

 Pressing on.


"The Lord will work out his plans for my life— for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me." -Psalm 138:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment